The Energy Innovators Bootcamp and ENERGYx, a joint program of Shell and The Idea Village, is an energy focused incubator and accelerator program to support companies and innovators with early-stage ideas with the potential to impact the future of energy.
Apply via Shell’s Call for Solutions here.
How It Works
Energy Innovators Bootcamp – December 3-7, 2018 | New Orleans, LA
With participants sourced from the Shell's Challenge Calls, the Bootcamp will put innovators through an intensive customer development and business model validation process that will help entrepreneurs hone the commercial potential of their innovation drawing from both resources within Shell and the broader marketplace. Out of this process, select teams will graduate to full company acceleration based on their demonstrated traction and market potential.
- Definition of the innovation's core value proposition
- Assessment of the marketplace and context
- Validation of the problem and degree of pain
- Identification of the customer archetype and context
- Translation of scientific innovation into whole product solution
- Development of business model hypothesis
- Testing of product-solution fit
- Validation of business model
- Development of of customer relationships and framing of commercial prototyping
ENERGYx Accelerator Program – January 14 – April 26, 2019 | New Orleans, LA
Select companies will graduate into an intensive acceleration program for a cohort of highly scalable startups with innovative, technology-enabled business models. Our proven model provides structure, education, and connections that help founders take their companies to the next level by ensuring they are focused on developing customer traction, building a market-ready product, and validating their innovative business models.
- Coaching & Mentorship: The core scaffolding on which the accelerator is built is accountability, coaching, and mentorship. Through our experienced Entrepreneurs-in-Residence (EIR) and mentors, we help you navigate common pitfalls and develop systems of accountability to your business goals so that your are set up for rapid growth and long term success.
- Connections & Network: Beyond the immediate relationships you'll build with your EIR and lead mentor, we believe the next biggest asset we can offer our cohorts is our expansive and engaged network.
- Community and Data Driven Accountability: Our accelerator program is built with an action bias. We help you identify the key metrics that will move the needle for your business and track them week to week.
- Constructive Critical Feedback: Woven throughout all of the interactions you will have while in the program is an opportunity to receive critical feedback valuable to your company's development. We ensure that constructive evaluation is woven into every aspect of the program to ensure you receive the critical feedback you need for your company's development and success.
- Peer Connections: We believe connecting with peers is critical to the success of any entrepreneur and peer-to-peer learning is a key principal of our cohort-based accelerator program.
- Education & Skill Development: We help you and your team prepare to build scalable businesses by providing education and opportunities for the critical skill development needed to develop a growing business.
In April, a specified number of companies will be invited to the Shell GameChanger program, and those ventures will be eligible to receive up to $400,000 over two years to move their technology from proof of concept to a commercial product option.
- Program Timeline
- How To Apply