DIGITALMEDIAx, a joint project of The Idea Village and NOLA Media Group, is a 12-week accelerator program for up to 5 New Orleans founders with solutions that empower, engage and inform a local audience by providing innovative information solutions readily accessible on a mobile platform. Central to the program is a curated network of business experts available to participating founders.
Applications for DIGITALMEDIAx have closed. Meet this year’s cohort here.
Perks of the Program
In addition to critical business resources, DIGITALMEDIAx participants have exclusive access to the following:
- Peer Learning: A 3-day bootcamp kicks off the DIGITALMEDIAx program gathering the full cohort together with experts to educate the founders on what they know well and how to best leverage the weeks ahead. Throughout the program, bi-weekly cohort dinners will be hosted to provide participants the opportunity to share experiences and learn from each other.
- Coaching: Each DIGITALMEDIAx founder will meet weekly with the program's dedicated Entrepreneur-in-Residence (EIR), who will help them hone in on key aspects of their business as well as navigate and prioritize mentor network.
- Mentorship: Central to the development of companies going through DIGITALMEDIAx is surrounding them with great mentors. The mentor network is a curated group of the best local and national business experts committed to helping founders accelerate immediate and long-term growth.
- Exposure: Participants' entrepreneurial journeys are chronicled over the 12 weeks by NOLA.com reporters, through editorial stories and video, to give a behind the scenes look at what it's like to be an entrepreneur in New Orleans. The experience culminates with a Demo Day – a showcase pitch to a network of industry leaders, entrepreneurs, investors, and media.
- Funding and Incubation: The winner of the DIGITALMEDIAx Demo Day will receive $1,000 in cash, free office space in NOLA Media Group's One Canal Place newsroom from January-March 2017 and a once-in-a-lifetime opportunity networking roadshow in New York City sponsored by Advance Local.
- Selection Criteria
- Selection Process